MAINE: my final frontier. These are the voyages of the Scooter Vespa 250 i.e. Super. Its continuing mission - to explore America's most heavily forested state - to roam the vast coastline, numberless lakes, and mighty mountains. To boldly go where no scooter has gone before!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Perfect Happiness!

After more than two weeks of pain and worry, of a growing sense of doom, of anticipation of yet another problem, I was granted the most perfect happiness of my life this afternoon.

 

Following the removal of a foot-long tube in my chest, and after five days of sponge baths of little worth, I was told that I could take a shower.

And here I am - sopping wet, dripping all over the fine furniture and costly rugs of my room, and brought nearly to tears by joy!

 

I was turned loose in a giant shower room and told to "enjoy!" I did, for forty-five minutes, under powerful streams of hot water, mounds of soap, and under the influence of some rather hideous singing that no one bothered to stifle.

 

It's the little things - really and truly

 

 

8 comments:

  1. You never know how much you'll miss those little things until you are denied. I bet it was the best shower you'd ever remember having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to see you up and about Tom. Good timing, you should be fit as a fiddle when the riding season begins.

    All the best,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dear man. I am so sorry about your "event". And still that lovely face beaming- in the hospital.

    It's always the little things. And 45 minutes! Powerful streams of hot water! Sounds like a spa! I'm happy for your joy. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very long shower is better than the anticipation

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an ordeal you've been through!

    So glad you got to enjoy a good scrubbing and fresh feeling!

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fit as a fiddle for riding season? Hell, baseball season is what counts! :^)

    May you mend quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hot shower can change the way the world looks. Hope your outlook continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete