MAINE: my final frontier. These are the voyages of the Scooter Vespa 250 i.e. Super. Its continuing mission - to explore America's most heavily forested state - to roam the vast coastline, numberless lakes, and mighty mountains. To boldly go where no scooter has gone before!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beach Fun Never Ends

I won't lie - the beach is more fun in July than in December. But there's still a lot happening. This guy jogged by, with a smile on his face. When I turned the GTS around and tried to scoot on out, I understood the smile: "Good luck, scooter boy. First ride on beach sand?"


Yes - and definitely my last ride on this or any beach



Para-sailing looks like fun, doesn't it? 


I don't know what this is called, but those on the beach gave the driver all the room he needed!


This poor little dog was shivering: he was likely thinking, "We've got a perfectly lovely back yard - why am I being forced to do my duty in a gale, on a beach, without a tree in sight?"


No trip to the beach would be complete without a horse


Note the houses on Pine Point Beach. Only the tippy-top of the "One Percent" can live here. But all the rest of us get to play here, all year round. And that is a very, very good thing.


Looking south, the hotels of Old Orchard Beach shimmer in the late afternoon sun


To the north, fine homes and ammonphia (beach grass)



And in the middle, one scooterer who learned a lesson the very hard way: Beaches are for people, and horses and dogs - but never for scooters.

No comments:

Post a Comment